Between 2004 and 2007, a series of requalification services was carried out in various parts of Rome; the interventions dealt with urban planning, environment, roadworks and compliance with standards of the concerned areas, by means of a set of diverse requalification and maintenance works.
Particularly, they included:
– the removal of hazards on the flooring of Via dei Condotti, in the heart of the city centre of Rome, where a systematic plan was implemented to restore the stability and uniformity of the surfaces and of the accessory elements for safety reasons;
– the reorganization of road access and parking areas for service vehicles at the entrance of Palazzo Madama, where the road surface and the pedestrian path showed the use of different materials and an inhomogeneous state of maintenance;
– the restoration of the urban space in Piazza Iside, (between Colle Palatino and San Giovanni in Laterano cathedral) and in Via degli Staderari (near Palazzo Madama) through the resurfacing of the areas with typical roman materials (sampietrini and flints) and the reorganization of the space;
– the urban renovation and the removal of architectural barriers in Via dei Marsi (in San Lorenzo district) and in Largo Spartaco, redistributing the space between pedestrian paths and roadways, in the former, and recovering the original identity of meeting place, in the latter;
– the refurbishment of the road axis in Via Borromeo.